The Countryside Code applies to all parts of the countryside. Most of it is just good commonsense, as it is designed to help us all to respect, protect and enjoy our countryside.The Countryside Code
The UK is a nation of dog lovers with 23% of households owning at least one dog. It is little wonder then that dog friendly walking routes are in high demand.
Report a Problem
Walkers are Welcome towns help to ensure that footpaths remain open and are kept in good condition. If you find problems with paths, stiles etc on public rights of way, please report them to HCC by logging the issues on their website.Report a Problem on a Right of Way
Below is a list of maps and route guides to whet your appetite …
CIRCULAR ROUTES :
1. BERE-MILL-and-back-via-Town-Paths (about 55 minutes, 2.5 miles)
2. FARMS-THE-HANGINGS-and-the-RIVER-TEST (1 hour, 3 miles)
3. FIELDS-THE-HANGINGS-and-the-RIVER-TEST(1 hour, 2.5 miles)
4. SECRET-PATHWAYS-and-the-RIVER-TEST (about 40 mins, 2 miles)
5. THE-HARROWAY-WELLS-IN-THE-FIELD-and-the-RIVER-TEST (90 mins, 4.2 miles)
6. WALK-TO-TUFTON-and-BACK (45 mins, 2.3 miles)
7. AROUND-WHITCHURCH-and-the-RIVER-TEST (about 40 mins, 2 miles)
8. To-the-NORTH (about 75 minutes, 3.4 miles)
9. VIA-THE-HANGINGS-and-BERE-MILL (about 1 hour, 3 miles)
10. VIA-TUFTON (about 1 hour, 2.5 miles)
Whitchurch Family Fun Walk – a short walk through the town, combined with a fun quiz, which is particularly suitable for families
The Whitchurch Mill Trail – a scenic walk of up to 7 miles (there are shorter options), taking in a number of attractive and historic mill buildings along the famous River Test.
The Wayfarers Walk – a long distance footpath from Walbury Hill, Berkshire to Emsworth, Hampshire which passes just a few miles from Whitchurch.
The Test Way – a long-distance footpath from Walbury Hill in West Berkshire to Eling in Hampshire, which passes a few miles to the west of Whitchurch.
The Watercress Way – a 26 mile circular trail along old railway lines and droves and passing through villages long associated with Hampshire’s watercress industry. Take the 86 bus from Whitchurch for the short ride to Sutton Scotney where the trail begins.
Overton– only 4 miles from Whitchurch, Overton is a Walkers are Welcome village.
Riverdance – a lovely walk which winds to and fro across the River Test and water meadows in the neighbouring village of Longparish.